Last revised: May 17th, 2022
About this Policy
- Who We Are
We are Cancer Education, a brand created by Medisprof Association for educational purposes. Medisprof Association is a non-profit charitable organization, founded in 2011, whose aim is providing cancer patients and caregivers with access to expensive cancer treatment, information and support. Also, Medisprof Association has a well established relationship with The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), through which it offers educational programs and events for specialists from the field of oncology. .
- “we/us/our” means Cancer Education as described above; and
- “third party” means someone who is not you or us.
Our registered office is Asociația Medisprof, Piața 1 Mai, nr. 3, Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, Romania. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How this Policy applies
- When you visit the Website, including by tracking technologies. Note that “Website” is further defined in Section 13, Glossary.
- Through email, text, other electronic messages, paper registrations, telephone inquiries or communications between you and the Website or Cancer Education.
- We collect through any other means not referred to above; or
- Who Collects Information
Cancer Education Pages and Content Managed by Third Parties
The Website may link to or contain certain Third Party Managed Pages hosted, operated, or managed on Cancer Education’s behalf. Our contracted third-party service providers may directly collect PII and other information from you as necessary or recommended for completing authorized transactions or other engagements you undertake with Cancer Education on these pages.
The Website also makes use of third-party Cookies, Web Beacons, Pixels, and dynamic tags, which may allow third parties to collect information about you and your activities on the Website and provide you, or enable others to provide you, with functionality within our Website, additional personalization, or with advertising. For additional information concerning Cookies, Web Beacons and Pixels, see Section 13, Glossary.
Links to External Sites
Third Party Cookies
Third party websites that you visit from time to time may drop their own Cookies, Web Beacons, Pixels, or other tracking technologies on your browser or device. Cancer Education and Medisprof Association are not responsible for the information collected by those third parties or their privacy practices.
- How We Collect Your Information
We will collect your personal information when you, for example:
- Buy or use any of our products and services;
- Use our network or other Cancer Educationproducts and services;
- Become a Medisprof Association member;
- Register for a specific product or service;
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts, community forums, or other services from us;
- Contact us through various channels, or ask for information about an event, publication, product, or service;
- Visit us at an exhibit or event, or reach out to us through an online exhibit or event platform;
- Take part in a competition, award, grant, or survey;
- Use, visit, or browse our Website or other Cancer Education digital properties;
- Use the Third Party Managed Pages;
- Have given permission to other companies to share information about you; or
- Are the member of a business that we acquire or contract with to provide services.
We may collect information when such information is available from another public source. We also collect information from certain organizations, where appropriate and to the extent we have legal grounds to do so. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, billing calculating agencies, and connected network providers.
- What We Collect
The types of information we may collect depend on the ways in which you engage with ASCO as well as the products and services you elect to receive. This may include, where applicable:
- Your name, address, phone and/or mobile number, your date of birth, gender, and email address;
- Your credit or debit card information, information about your bank account and other banking information – for example, we’ll collect the data necessary to process a payment whenever you make a purchase;
- Your location data. For example, a location is derived from your IP address, geolocation, or other data such as a zip code or name of a town or city;
- The content of your contact with us, such as a note or recording of a call you make to one of our customer service centers, an email sent, or other records of any contact with us;
- Your account information, such as payment data, subscriptions you use, membership status, meeting attendance, account numbers or other information related to your account.
- Credential information – we’ll collect passwords, hints, and similar security information used for authentication and access to accounts and services;
- Your preferences for particular products, services, communications, event registrations, and lifestyle activities based on how you use our products and services (personalization);
- See the “Cookies” section for details on what we collect using Cookies, Web Beacons, Pixels, and other technologies, including digital advertising.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as fraud-prevention agencies, publicly available sites, and from other data providers. This includes demographic data, interest-based data, and internet browsing behavior.
- How We Use Your information
- Responding to your questions or providing information that you request.
- Providing you with products, services, information, or subscriptions you select, including associated benefits and relevant information.
- Providing you with account notifications.
- Managing membership, volunteer, purchase, and registration functions.
- Carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Cancer Education’s Legitimate Business Interests. We use your information in connection with our legitimate business interests: including, without limitation, fraud prevention, maintaining the security of our network and services, direct marketing, personalizing your experience with us, expanding the reach of our membership and educational information and opportunities, and improving our Website, products, and services. This also includes use of your Non-Personal Information (“NPI”) (see Section 13, Glossary). The NPI we automatically collect from you is generally used to render, administer, and improve the Website, our services, and our business. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. Purposes for which we may use your information include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Presenting our Website and its contents to you.
- Helping dynamically generate content on web pages or in newsletters.
- Statistically monitoring how many people are using the Website or interacting with communications from us.
- Tracking generic user behavior.
- Determining the popularity of certain content.
- Helping us evaluate the purpose for which our users undertake certain activities, including those listed immediately above.
- Restricting underage use of our services.
- Speeding up your searches and facilitating log-in and navigation, including using session timers.
- Enabling us and our advertisers and social media partners to display online or printed advertisements to appropriate target audiences, including through Online Behavioral Advertising.
- Storing information about your preferences, allowing us to personalize content you may be interested in.
- For other commercially reasonable purposes, including measuring advertising and promotional effectiveness and assessing which areas of the Website to remarket to you after you leave our site.
- To advise you of products, services, or information that may be available through Cancer Education.
- To notify you about Website maintenance, updates, changes, and new features, including products or services we offer or provide through the Website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To solicit user feedback to assess user-satisfaction or other needs and interests.
- To help us in creating new tools, features, and services.
- To monitor performance of our website and user experiences in order to trouble-shoot errors and performance issues and respond more effectively to customer inquiries.
- To offer you live assistance and other tools designed to improve your experience on our Website.
Whenever we rely on this lawful basis to process your data, we assess our business interests to make sure they are legitimate, that our use is reasonably necessary for the applicable purpose, and does not materially impact your privacy rights. Additionally, in some cases you have the right to object to this processing. See also, Section 10, “Your rights and User Restrictions”.
- Compliance with a Mandatory Legal Obligation. We use your information in compliance with mandatory legal obligations, including for example accounting and tax requirements, or as may be required by law enforcement agencies, government bodies, regulatory organizations, courts or other public authorities, or any other third party or body where such disclosure is required to satisfy any applicable law, or other legal or regulatory requirement .
- Consent. We use your personal information when you give us consent to do so. When you give your consent for the processing of your personal information, you will be given details on the scope of use and how to change your mind at any time. Consent may be withdrawn or modified at any time. Visit Section 10, “Your rights and User Restrictions” for more information.
- Other Potential Uses For Your Personal Information. In addition to the above use cases, we may lawfully process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Use of Third Party Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
The Website makes use of automatic data collection technologies including first and third-party cookies, log files, Web Beacons, Pixels, dynamic tags, and/or other technical means (we refer to these collectively as “Cookies”), including through Google advertising services. We may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services to deliver content and advertising tailored to your interests, both on the Website and on third-party websites (including but not limited to search engines and social media websites). This practice is commonly known as “Online Behavioral Advertising.”
The third parties who provide us with third-party Cookies, may use these technologies to collect information about you when you use the Website to provide you with advertising based on your visit to the Website or to collect impressions data regarding the efficacy of advertising placed with us. Third parties, including those operating our Third Party Managed Pages, may have the ability to link the information they collect about you when you use the Website with other information they collect about you elsewhere on the Internet or information about the device you are using. Third parties may also collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services or mobile devices and may use this information to provide you with Online Behavioral Advertising or other targeted content.
Please contact us at email@example.com should you have any questions or concerns.
- Disclosure of Information to Third-Party Vendors and Service Providers
Cancer Education and Medisprof Association have engaged third-party vendors and service providers to provide services in connection with the Website, outreach for our programs and services, and to help us manage our web presence and improve performance. We may share PII or other information with these third-party vendors and service providers as necessary so that they may provide the services for which they have been engaged. PII and other information submitted to Cancer Education and Medisprof Association through Third Party Managed Pages are also shared with the relevant third-party vendor as necessary for completing authorized transactions. For additional information on “PII” see Section 13, Glossary.
- In addition, some of the content and services on the Website, including advertisements, are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and technology and application providers.
- Social Networking
- Research and Analytics
Analytics are used to, for example:
- Conduct market research and carry out research and statistical analysis including to monitor how members use our networks, products and services;
- Frame our marketing campaigns and personalization efforts; and
- Provide reports to third parties (such reports do not contain information which may identify you as an individual).
- How We Share Your Personal Information
Where applicable, we share information about you with:
- Medisprof Association and other members of the Medisprof Group;
- Partners, suppliers, vendors, and agents involved in developing or delivering the products and services you’ve ordered or used, or the benefits attendant to those products and services (e.g., member benefits), including those operating our Third Party Managed Pages;
- Companies who are engaged to perform services for, or on behalf of, Cancer Education or its affiliates;
- Law enforcement agencies, government bodies, regulatory organizations, courts or other public authorities if we must, or are authorized to by law; and
- A third party or body where such disclosure is required to satisfy any applicable law, or other legal or regulatory requirement.
- Special announcements from Cancer Education and its affiliates
When you register, you may be asked whether you want to receive special announcements and future communications by email. If you check “yes” (or the equivalent) but change your mind at any time in the future and no longer wish to receive correspondence by email, you will be able to opt-out of these services. See Section 10, “Your rights and User Restrictions”, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We occasionally survey visitors to our Website. Survey responses are used in aggregated, de-identified form to help us understand the needs of our visitors so that we can improve our site. The information may be shared on a de-identified and/or aggregated basis with third parties with whom we have a business relationship. While you may always decline to share personal information, if survey respondents provide personal information (e.g., personal email) in a survey, it is shared only with those people who need to see it to respond to the question or request, or with third parties who perform data management services for our Website, product or service. Those third parties have agreed to keep all data from surveys confidential.
- IP addresses
The Web server automatically collects the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computers and devices that access our Website. By itself, an IP address merely indicates which computer or device sent a query, which is not PII. Only when correlated with information like user logs, query patterns, and other contextual information do IP addresses potentially convert to PII. Typically, we use this information in aggregate form to understand how our Website or advertisements are being used and to analyze how we can better serve visitors. See Section 13, Glossary, for additional information on PII.
- Event Management
Cancer Education and Medisprof Association also uses certain data elements to conduct event management, event data services, and for crime prevention efforts. These use cases include:
- Enabling attendees to participate in event technologies, such as
- Sharing with third parties involved in the event process (e.g., hotel booking companies)
- Sharing with third parties through badge scanning onsite at the event where you physically present your badge for scanning, or through online equivalents.
- Collecting information concerning compliance with our event policies.
Once your data has been shared with a third party, Cancer Education and Medisprof Association no longer have direct control over that information, but we require our event related third parties to agree to follow applicable law including GDPR.
For our online events, we rely on our legitimate business interest to collect and use your personal information and to share such information with third parties affiliated with the events. These third parties have information or services that may be beneficial to our event attendees. Sharing your information enables these third parties to contact you about the event and the information or services they make available in connection with the event. The information shared with these will be limited to your name, email address and phone information. If you have any questions or concerns, or if you would like to be excluded from this arrangement, please email us at email@example.com.
- Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
Access to data and technology relating to user information is password-protected and limited to authorized personnel and those vendors that require access to the information in order to furnish services to Cancer Education and Medisprof Association and our customers. We have specialized security teams who regularly review and improve our measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, accidental loss, disclosure, or destruction.
Communications over the internet (such as e-mails) are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through several countries before being delivered, as this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
We will never ask for your secure personal or account information by an unsolicited means of communication. You are responsible for keeping your personal and account information secure and not sharing it with others.
Our Website may provide links to third-party websites and Third Party Managed Pages. We cannot be responsible for the security and content of such third-party websites. Please be sure to read that company’s privacy and cookies policies before using or putting your personal information on their site. The same applies to any third-party websites or content you connect to using our products and services.
- Your Rights and User Restrictions
- Right to Correct Personal Data
You have the right to have information held about you corrected if it is not accurate. If what we hold on you needs updating, or you think it may be inaccurate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to Access Personal Data
You have the right to make a request for a copy of the personal data that Cancer Education and Medisprof Association holds about you. To make this request as an individual or an authorized third party, you can contact us at the above-referenced contact information.
- Right to Object to Use of Personal Data
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to Cancer Education and Medisprof Association processing your personal information. If you have questions about this right, please contact us at the above-referenced contact information.
- To Opt-Out of Marketing Messages
If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from Cancer Education and Medisprof Association, you can elect to opt out of all marketing communications or only selected methods (e.g., email, phone or post).
There are various ways to opt out:
- Contact us at email@example.com
- Click the link at the end of a marketing email to unsubscribe from that type of communication;
- Use the Email Subscriptions link within an e-mail to access the appropriate preference center, and update your preferences there;
Opting out does not mean that you will not still receive service-related messages, other communications from us regarding transactions you undertake with us (including fulfillment of benefits associated with those transactions), or messages that we have another lawful basis for sending. You may continue to receive those (unless we have indicated otherwise). If you do not wish to receive personalized marketing, or you subsequently change your mind, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Lodge a Complaint
If you want to contact us about any of your rights or complain about how we use your information, email us at email@example.com.
- Right to restrict use of your data
If you feel data we hold on you should not be processed in a particular way or for a particular purpose, please contact us via email to discuss your rights. In certain circumstances you will have the right to ask us to restrict processing.
- Right to erasure
Cancer Education and Medisprof Association strive to only process and retain your data for as long as we need to. In certain circumstances you have the right to request that we erase personal data of yours that we hold.
- Cancer Education Restrictions: Children Under the Age of 17
Our Website is not intended for children under 17 years of age. No one under age 17 may provide any personal information to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of 17. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 17 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 17, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Contact Cancer Education
- International Users
Cancer Education, Medisprof Association and the App is based in Romania and any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with European and Romanian privacy laws, regulations, and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using the App, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in Romania, in accordance with the foregoing. By using the Website, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States in accordance with the foregoing.
If you are a European User, the GDPR (and related International regulations) requires Cancer Education and Medisprof Association to inform you of its use of automated decision-making tools. Cancer Education and Medisprof Association uses various tools, such as Google Analytics® and Adobe Analytics Cloud. You have the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
Non-Personal Information (“NPI”). Information that may relate to an individual but does not by itself identify that individual. For example, browser information is Non-Personal Information, as is information such as gender, age, city, and physical location, when not linked with other PII. NPI may be “re-identified” through certain processes by linking it to PII relating to the same individual.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Any representation of information that permits the identity of an individual to whom the information applies to be reasonably inferred by either direct or indirect means. Further, PII is defined as information: (i) that directly identifies an individual (e.g., name, address, SSN or other identifying number or code, telephone number, email address, etc.) or (ii) by which an organization intends to identify specific individuals in conjunction with other data elements, i.e., indirect identification. Additionally, information permitting the physical or online contact of a specific individual is the same as PII. This information can be maintained in any form. For the purposes of GDPR, PII includes personal data as defined by GDPR.
Web Beacons or Pixels (also often referred to as “clear GIFs,” “pixel tags,” “1-by-1 GIFs,” “Single-Pixel GIFs,” “1 x 1 Pixels” or “clear Pixels''). Pages of the website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit us and/or third parties to collect NPI during your visit to the Website. For example, Web Beacons may be used to count the number of users who have visited a page or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web Beacons send information back to their home server (which can belong to the host site, a network advertiser, or some other third party) from the users’ Browser, such as the IP address, the URL of the page on which the beacon is located, the type of Browser that is accessing the site, and information stored in any Cookies on the users’ computer previously placed by that server. Web Beacons can also be used to place a Cookie on the users’ Browser. Third parties who provide us with web beacons or pixels may have the ability to link the information they collect about you when you use the Website with other information they collect about you elsewhere on the Internet, including but not limited to your PII or information about the device you are using.
Cancer Education Website. cancereducation.ro, meeting microsites, and any other online functionalities or services included in the website owned or operated by Cancer Education, Medisprof Association but excluding our mobile application, or “app,” with the exception of web-based pages accessible through our app.